Sunday, September 10, 2023

"Envy and Inspiration - The fearless spirit of Indian Youth"




As I concluded my recent journey, a surprise message from Indian Railways announcing the cancellation of my train left me with no choice but to embark on a roller-coaster adventure—a Volvo sleeper bus to my hometown. Anyone who's braved and experienced long bus rides knows the thrill and discomfort I am writing about. Prepared for a bumpy night, I managed to board the bus, only to discover that fate had conspired similarly for a group of fellow travelers. Among them were four spirited young women in very early 20s and a charismatic young man, all deeply engrossed in the world of film production.


Their destination same as mine, and as the bus rumbled down the highway, our destinies mingled with each other. They spoke of their upcoming short film project, with the young man proudly declaring himself an actor, a young and charming girl, introduced herself as cinematographer, while two other were shoot designers. The fourth one was very talkative and told me that she is the shoot director. They referred the guy as 'Sir' who happened to be few years senior to them having already acted in couple of short movies. Conversing with them was a breeze; their youthful enthusiasm knew no bounds, and they held nothing back despite the age gap that separated us.

I couldn't help but marvel at their career choices, their boundless confidence, and their unwavering passion. In their fearless approach to life, I saw a reflection of what I felt was missing in my own youth—a time when opportunities and adventures were aplenty, yet I remained cocooned in my comfort zone.

Growing up, my world had been confined to the familiar streets of Indore, with the occasional trip to Pune being the extent of my exposure. Yet here, in the dimly lit bus hurtling through the night, I witnessed a new India unfolding before my eyes, one filled with limitless options and unwavering self-assurance.

Envy mingled with nostalgia as I gazed upon these youngsters, and for a moment, I desired to turn back the clock and rewrite a few chapters of my own life story. Unfortunately, time only moves forward, but the memory of that chance encounter with the fearless youth of India lingers, a reminder that it's never too late to embrace change and newfound courage.

#youngprofessionals #indianyouth #passionatepeople #youngindians #indiagrowthstory






ReplyForward

No comments: